1/12/11
Guys,
I have some bad news for the other teams in the league.
According to my calculations, Nick "Powderkeg" Lyons averages 160 pins/game when he didn't play with
us the week before. Because Hacksaw successfully destroyed three transformers with the foam hacksaw
last week, bowling was canceled. Thus, Powderkeg didn't play with us last week.
This means that the other teams in the league stand little chance of keeping up with the convoy
tomorrow night.
I'm really torn up about this; as you know, I have a lot of friends in our bowling league and I genuinely
enjoy seeing everyone. I don't like to see my friends devastated and their dreams crushed with so much
of the season schedule ahead of us. I feel as though this is going to turn into a solemn league with
people skipping a lot of the weeks because there's no point - who wants to drive all the way to Santa
Monica to play for second place?
Let me know if you think we should bring this up to Tony before we get started tomorrow, and maybe
set up some sort of extra team handicap so that at least we can feign a competitive league for the next
15 weeks.
You know I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it wouldn't be fair if I didn't bring this up before
tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment